4 BR 3 BA Sleeps 10 OCEAN IN FRONT GOLF COURSE in BACK---Private
“Hooked on Higher Porpoise”
Absolutely Beautiful Home with Unbelievable Views that change throughout the day!!!
Four Bedroom House sits elevated above the Atlantic Ocean.
Fishing boats and dolphins pass by so close you can see the dolphins feed and blow through their blowholes often with babies following. As the tide changes throughout the day so do the views. Something is always putting on a show, whether it's the sunrise, eagles and ospreys catching fish in their talons, deer walking or running by, fishermen catching crabs or fish, or the dolphins!! It's truly amazing to watch from the 4 rocking chairs on the spacious front porch and balconies (4 more rocking chairs) while you sip your favorite drink, relax, read, or enjoy your family and friends.
This house is on the 18th fairway of Ocean Point Golf Course.
The beach is close by and there is a private outside shower attached to the back of the house to wash the sand off when you return.
Swimming pools? The Fripp Island Club alone boasts nine sparkling pools. The Cabana Club offers multiple choices-a magical lagoon-style pool with waterfalls, cascading flowers, islands and caves, an oval oool and a kids' pool with a giant frog slide.
Club Cards are available through the owners. From Memorial Day to Labor Day they are $50.00 each for a full seven days. Children under 13 years of age do not need cards for access but must be accompanied by an adult. Off-season they are only $35.00 for a full seven days. They are worth the money as they allow you to access golf, pools, restaurants, marina, rentals, and so much more.
Sitting & rocking on the front porch overlooking the ocean is a favorite pastime while drinking your favorite beverage and sharing stories. You won't want to leave. You will be at one of the best places on the island. The privacy is splendid!
The kitchen is well appointed with everything you need to create wonderful meals. Fresh shrimp, oysters, crabs, grouper and other seafood is available for purchase close by. Cook in the kitchen or on the Weber gas grill. There is a wine fridge, excellent dishwasher, plenty of counter space, and many odds and ends you won't find in other homes. Fun dishes and a great blender for those "Jimmy Buffet" drinks!
This home is appointed to please others. Our private housekeeper prides herself in being the best and maintains the house remarkably well. She believes "good enough seldom is"!
There are three garage doors downstairs housing two golf carts, four bicycles, beach toys, a propane grill, and ample space to park two cars. The driveway can easily hold six more cars, so parking is not a problem.
There are deer all over the place and easy to spot out the kitchen window, particularly early in the morning and just around sunset. The backyard leads onto the 18th fairway just below the tee-box. Looking down the fairway to the east is the Atlantic Ocean just a few feet behind the 18th hole.
There are 3 Smart TVs in the house with some of the fastest internet you've ever seen. If there's a rainy day you might want to access Netflix, YouTube, Hulu, or any streaming you have an account for.
Downstairs features a full bath, combination bedroom, game-room, and entertainment room with lots of games, puzzles, pool and ping pong tables, Wii, and 2 couches for relaxation.
Two Yamaha Golf Carts (2018) ARE INCLUDED in your stay – no need to rent golf carts separately!
*Main level flooring to be updated and ready beginning 2023!
- Top quality linens and towels provided
- Hair Dryer
- Heating and Air conditioning
- High Speed Wireless Internet
- Fireplace (fires not permitted)
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Basic Soaps and shampoo
- Child’s high chair
- Games for kids
- Microwave and two Crock Pots to make meals at home easy!
- Full size refrigerator with ice maker
- Wine refrigerator
- Dishes, plates & cups and many beautiful platters and serving bowls. Table settings especially for the very young guest. Cloth napkins are available in the sideboard. Glasses & wine glasses.
- Drip coffee maker & Keurig. Ground coffee supplied and 4 K-Cups to get you started. Montana Tea & Spice Company. We have a bag of our favorite tea, MT Gold for you to try and take home with you.
- Smooth top stove.
- 4 slice toaster
- Gas Grill
- Pantry Items including a wide range of herbs and spices
- Coffee Grinder
- Lobster Pot
- Dining table
Pool & spa
- The Cabana Club Pools (oval pool, lagoon style pool meanders through a maze of carved caves,waterfalls, etc:); Beach Club Pools, Marina Pool, Ocean Point Pool, and the Olympic Pool (swim laps here!).
- Outdoor furniture includes rocking chairs on the front porches and patio table and chairs on the back porch overlooking the 18th hole
- Beach Chairs
- Bicycles – four provided along with two adult helmets
- Three smart TVs
- DVD Player
- Board Games
- Ping pong!
- Pool Table – Brunswick 8’ table
- Wii and Video Games
- Washing machine and dryer
- Deep sink for cleaning.
- Iron & Board
- Garage - 3 car garage & bicycle room; 2 Yamaha golf carts, four bicycles
- Smoke detectors throughout house
- Fire extinguisher under sink and next to washer and dryer
- Exterior lighting
- Front and Back door Ring Doorbells
- Carbon monoxide detector in bedroom
- Deadbolt lock
- First aid kit on rack above laundry sink
- Fire station contact 911 or (843) 838-4085
- Police contact 911 or (843) 255-3200 Sheriff Beaufort, SC: Fripp Security (843)838-2334
- Hospital contact Beaufort Memorial Hospital (877) 532-6472
- Waterfront – the ocean is here!!
- Watch the fishing boats and dolphins go by daily! The eagles, osprey, and seabirds put on a show. Deer walk or run by between you and the ocean.
- To the north is the coast of Hunting Island with their lighthouse. Further up is Edisto Island and beach. To the east, the Atlantic Ocean. It's an amazing view and always changing throughout the day
- Golf course view from the back porch
- Housekeeper Included
|Season||Start Date||End Date||Weekly||Daily|
|Labor Day Week||08/31/2022||09/06/2022||$3,640.00||$545.00|
|4th Of July||07/01/2023||07/07/2023||$5,450.00||$820.00|
|Labor Day Week||08/30/2023||09/05/2023||$3,640.00||$545.00|
A 50% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. Balance is due 60 days prior to arrival. No reservation is confirmed until the Rental Agreement(s) have been accepted and a deposit received.
All major credit/debit cards accepted (There is a 2.9% transaction fee charged by the credit card processing company) Also accepted eCheck (Electronic check) (There is no transaction fee charged for eCheck processing)
Cancellation and Refunds
Should you wish to cancel this reservation, notice of cancellation MUST BE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED MORE THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE. We will refund the sums you have paid, less the credit card transaction fee(s), if paid by credit card. If your notice of cancellation is RECEIVED LESS THAN 60 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR CHECK IN DATE, you will forfeit all sums paid, except your security deposit, unless we are able to re-rent the property to someone else, at the same rate, for the same period.
Ohhh Higher Porpoise…we have been to Fripp for years, and we’ve stayed in lovely places, but never anything like this house and retreat. The views are indescribably beautiful (and often dolphin filled) and visible throughout the upstairs. Sunrises were so good that we got up almost every day of our 2 weeks to watch (sometimes with deer joining us just outside). Coffee in a rocker in the morning, playtime on the island all day, then return to bliss. Everything is comfortable, clean, and beautiful, complete witn a master shower we’re now determined to mimic at home, a great pool table that entertained the kids without adults having to hover, ping pong in the garage, and a wonderfully stocked kitchen that felt almost like cooking at homs. We booked our next trip before leaving the island, and we are counting down the days. PS, the gift basket contained an almond champaigne from southern california that our best friends served at their wedding. It was another of a long line of personal touches the property’s owners/managers have provided to welcome their guests homs. Thank you!!!
We’ve stayed at this beautiful house 3 years in a row and we love it so much. It’s big enough to bring our daughter and her boyfriend, our son and our daughter’s roommate and her boyfriend. Everyone had their own bedroom and we were never crowded. The rocking chairs on the front porch are the highlight for us! We get up before the Sun and sit in them and then every evening after dinner as well! Dolphins are all over right in front of you and we enjoy the osprey diving for fish! Everything you could ever need is provided and the shower in the master bedroom… it’s amazing!!! We will be back next year!